Emails not sent!

Hello,

I noticed that no email has been sent from OJS for a few days. I’ve been trying to send an email and I cannot see it either in the submission history, nor in a database email_log table. I haven’t done any changes to the configuration… This is serious problem! I use OJS 2.4.7.1.

Hi @piotreba,

How are you testing email sending? (What kind of email are you sending?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It appeared to be a server issue.

So please remove this topic.

Thanks

Hello @asmecher

I have tested email sending option on two of our journals. We are facing no email sent issue.
Following are the details.

1. No email on password reset.
  2. No email on new issue published.
  3. No email on add Reviewer.
  4. No email on notify user
  5. No email on user registration

In short any kind of email is not sending through OJS.
For further details my version is 3.1.1-4 and I haven’t found anything in php error log.

An early reply will be much appreciated. Thank You

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

Have you configured an SMTP service in your config.inc.php?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher No, I haven’t configure SMTP. Just using the basic installation. It was working perfectly fine before 26th Aug.

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

It’s likely that something changed on your server regarding email delivery. If you’re not using SMTP, then you should have access to your server’s email delivery logs; I’d suggest checking there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Let me check and get back to you.

It would me nice if you could suggest me which way is better Smtp or the built in mail function ?

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

That entirely depends on your server setup, I’m afraid!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher I am using Linux based web hosting. Can you please help me to configure SMTP there. I am unable to identify the issue with built in mail function. May be SMTP will help me out.

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

Only your host can tell you whether and how to set up SMTP – it depends on what services they offer and how they’re configured.

Regards,
Alec Smecher