Email template for other idioms does not load

Dear,
I am using ojs 3.1.1 and the email template for other idioms does not load, just in english, but I have other idioms enabled. For instance, see the picture for EDITOR_DECISION_DECLINE template.
template_email

How to fix it?

Hi @wesin,

There are two likely causes: either the language you’re looking at doesn’t have a complete translation for that template, or there’s a Javascript error preventing it from being displayed. As a first step I’d suggest upgrading to the latest OJS release – there was a Javascript problem that has already been resolved, I believe, and the newer releases do include some locale updates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher, thank you for the help.
I upgraded to ojs 3.1.1-2 but it didn’t work. What is going wrong?

What else can I try to solve this problem?

Hi @wesin,

Did you check your browser’s console for a javascript when you try to load another language? Also check your PHP log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

in the browser’s console, I get this warning:

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

In the Php log, there is no fatal error, just warnings.

Hi @wesin,

Hmm; do you see the full text in non-English languages e.g. for the EDITOR_DECISION_DECLINE email template in the email_template_default_data database table?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

yes, I do.

Hi @wesin,

What locales are you using, and which of them are working?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Portuguese, Espanish an English. Just English is working.

The same happens to me (OJS 3.1.2 in Spanish). In English no problem,

But only happens when I reject it before sending it for review (SUBMISSION_EDITOR_DECISION_INITIAL_DECLINE)

Once starded reviewing proccess, template in Spanish works properly.

SOLVED!!!

the full text in non-English languages e.g. for the EDITOR_DECISION_INITIAL_DECLINE email template in the email_template_default_data only exist in English.

I added it in my needed Language (es_ES) and it works!

Spanish translation is under review. It will be released as soon as we find a good translation workflow.