Email Notification for Resubmissions

Hi All,

In OJS (we’re running OJS 2.4.6), is it possible for editors to be automatically notified via email when an author resubmits an article (such as in a revise and resubmit situation)?

Under notifications settings, there are settings for a new article, change in metadata, or change in supplementary material. Would resubmitting an article automatically change the metadata and therefore trigger a notification and email?

I noticed in the OJS manual, it says authors should “Select the Notify Editor link” to manually inform the editor that an article has been resubmitted. However, one of our editors would like to be automatically notified when this happens.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Hi @mchladek,

Hmmm… The automatic e-mail notification should actually be there, s. the part of the code responsible for that: ojs/AuthorAction.inc.php at ojs-stable-2_4_6 · pkp/ojs · GitHub. I.e. the e-mail template. I.e. the e-mail template REVISED_VERSION_NOTIFY would be sent to the assigned (section) editor.
Hmmm… I’ll test if that works for me…

Best,
Bozana

Thanks, @bozana! I’ll do some looking on our installation, too, with that template.