eLens plugin for OJS 2.4.x branch?

Hi all,

Recent announcements (see: https://xmljatsredalyc.org) had side effects in my university and some journals are asking to include eLens viewer in their OJS installations.

I took a look to @asmecher 's eLens plugin:

But looks like is for OJS 3.x, so the question is: Did somebody test it successfully in OJS 2.4.x branch? If it’s not compliant, what need to be done to be ported?

Yes… I tried installing it on a 2.4.x branch and then I uploaded a xml galley (mime application/xml), but OJS downloads the xml file instead of including the JS header and link to the xml as one should expect. :frowning:

Thanks for your time,
m.

Is bumping allowed by forum netiquette? :slight_smile:

Hi @marc,

Bumping is permitted but not always effective :slight_smile:

The eLens plugin is just for OJS 3.x, unfortunately. If you wanted to add the lens viewer to OJS 2.4.x, you might look at melding details of the 3.0 plugin with the overall structure of the PDF.js viewer for OJS 2.4.x. These are all relatively small plugins (=not much code to wrestle with).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Perfect feedback. Thanks.

I always have doubts about the best branch to work on… I hope ojs-dev-2_4 will be fine.

Looks quite simple so I hope to send something back very soon.

Cheers,
m.

Hi @marc,

I’d suggest working with ojs-stable-2_4_8 – that’s up-to-date and stable. The ojs-dev-2_4 branch will be close but possibly not as stable. (Remember to check out the same branch for the app and lib/pkp submodule!)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Has there been any development here? I might also be interested in this for 2.4.8.

Hi @simonmitternacht,

Still only available for OJS 3.x as far as I’m aware, I’m afraid.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Nope. Sorry but the project was canceled and I stop working on it.

I’m unsure if it will be renewed… because if we got time it’s smarter dedicate it to migrate to OJS 3.x.