Editorial Policies and Privacy Statement in 3.0.1

Hi,

I have migrated from 2.4.6 to 3.0.1. Where can I find Privacy Statement in the new version?
It used to be accessible via: about/submissions#privacyStatement in the old version and was displayed beneath copyright notice in submission page.

I found a reference to it in lib/pkp/templates/submission/form/step1.tpl. There was a field disabled=true. I turned that to false. But nothing is still displayed regarding privacy notice in submission page.

Also how can I access editorial policies? It used to be accessible via:
about/submissions/editorialPolicies

Thanks
Ghazal

Hi @salehig

Those fields (and several more) were now merged into only one field under Settings > Journal > About the Journal and should be displayed on the journal web page under About > About the Journal. S. [OJS] Consolidate information entry into fewer fields · Issue #1397 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. But it could be, that we haven’t considered it in the migration – I will double check and let you know…

Best,
Bozana

Thanks @bozana. Waiting for your response.

Regards
Ghazal

I added below block in lib/pkp/templates/frontend/pages/submissions.tpl:

{if $currentContext->getLocalizedSetting('privacyStatement')}
        <div id="privacyStatement">
            <h2> 
                {translate key="about.privacyStatement"}
                {include file="frontend/components/editLink.tpl" page="management" op="settings" path="journal" anchor="guidelines" sectionTitleKey="about.privacyStatement"}
            </h2>
            {$currentContext->getLocalizedSetting('privacyStatement')|nl2br}
        </div>
    {/if}

And Privacy statement is now being displayed. However journal managers/editors cannot edit its content via settings. How we can add that feature?

And still wondering about editorial policies.

Thanks
Ghazal

Hi @salehig

I think, it would maybe be best to copy them all manually into that one input filed Settings > Journal > About the Journal. This is also, how we would migrate them. There the journal managers can edit them and then they will be displayed on the journal about page.

Best,
Bozana