DOIPubIdPlugin.inc.php

Hello,
I would like to ask your help regarding the OJS plugin (DOIPubIdPlugin.inc.php).
Our problem is that during input process if en dash found between page numbers than no page numbers (e.g. <first_page>301</first_page><last_page>311</last_page>) generated.
I am not familiar with coding but based on the source code available at github I guess that the source of the problem is that en dash is not replaced with a legal XML character. If hyphen used the plugin properly generate the xml.
However, according to widely accepted guides (e.g. Chicago Manual of Style) between inclusive numbers en dash should be used (0150 ASC code). Therefore would it be possible to modify this pluging in order to avoid such an unnecessary handwork.
OJS version used: 3.1.2.4
Thank you very much in before hand
Laszlo

Hello @perego,

Please note that the version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @perego,

See: Portico Plugin / wrong data in 'fpage' element - #5 by asmecher

As Roger has noted, your version is quite a bit older, so the changes may not apply in the same places.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.