DOI settings for Plumx Print Widget

I’m curious to see whether the plugin’s javascript is being injected into the page (but the widget is not being rendered) or if the plugin’s javascript is not being injected into the page at all. Can you share a public link to one of your articles where you want to see the plugin?

No problem. In last issue, first article - http://www.ijcrsee.com/index.php/ijcrsee/article/view/28

The plumAnalytics plugin uses the hook Templates::Article::Footer::PageFooter to inject the javascript from the PlumX CDN. In your page, there is no javascript there, but there is an empty div:

<div id="articlesBySameAuthorList">
				</div>

Do you know what plugin creates this “articles by same author list”?

It is possible that the plugin is accidentally coded to stop all other processing for this hook.

Probably MostRead plugin.

Can you point to the actual code you are using for this plugin? The mostRead plugin I’m aware of (GitHub - ajnyga/mostRead: OJS3.2+ Most Read Articles block plugin), would not exhibit this behavior.

Found the source of that div:

This plugin would also not cause the issue.

Try disabling other generic plugins (especially if they use the Templates::Article::Footer::PageFooter) to see if the PlumX widget shows up. If you do disable another plugin and see the PlumX widget appear, we’ll want to check in with that plugin developer.

@seisense, which plugin is not checked in your Generic plugins section? Some of plugins block my Plum Analytics Artifact Widget.

@Lazar_Stosic @ctgraham
Only three plugins from the generic plugins are unchecked in my installation.

We also observed the same thing, even though the Plum widget is installed, the javascript does not gets injected in the articles page. We don’t see the <div id=“plum_widget”>
in our pages either. We have also tried turning off some generic plugins.

@pcansf @Lazar_Stosic
Please disable the plumx plugin and try changing the template file by entering the following code here

/templates/frontend/objects/article_details.tpl

Line 211

<a href="PlumX" data-popup="bottom" class="plumx-plum-print-popup" data-hide-when-empty="true"></a>

Please confirm if works

@seisense
In my case still nothing. I entered the code

Picture

Nothing. change.

What generic plugins are enabled within your installations? It is the enabled plugins which have the potential to stop other plugin processing.

Same here. Inserted the code:
Still don’t see the widget on the articles page.

Do we have to enter the following script in the custom header plugin also:
<script type=“text/javascript” src="//cdn.plu.mx/widget-popup.js"></script>

@pcansf @Lazar_Stosic
My apology, I forgot to mention that you have to insert the following code in the custom header plugin as well
<script type=“text/javascript” src="//d39af2mgp1pqhg.cloudfront.net/widget-popup.js"></script>

and then you may insert the following code

/templates/frontend/objects/article_details.tpl

Line 211

<a href="https://plu.mx/a/?doi={$pubId|escape} " data-popup=“bottom” class=“plumx-plum-print-popup” data-hide-when-empty=“true”></a>

and if it doesn’t work then you may check by providing the static doi instead of using dynamic one by entering the doi of any of your article. for example
<a href=“PlumX” class=“plumx-plum-print-popup”></a>

Hope for the best.

@ctgraham
Please find below the snapshot of Generic plugins which are enabled

I don’t see any conflicting code within the plugins you have listed in the screenshot.

Do you have any messages related to the plumAnalytics plugin in your PHP error log?

@seisense
I tried to install custom header plugin but when try to click Settings on it received “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.” I received this error on other domains. The plugin is newer than OJS. I use it OJS 3.1.1.4.

May be some experts on the platform can come in and offer better input to solve your problem.

If this error is coming from the customHeader plugin rather than the plumAnalytics plugin, please open a new thread specific to this problem. Please include any PHP Error or PHP Fatal messages which you find in your PHP error log at the time of the failure.

For the plumAnalytics plugin, I’m still interested in any PHP Error or PHP Fatal messages you might find when accessing a page where you would expect the plugin to display but it does not.

@ctgraham @Lazar_Stosic

Today, I updated my OJS to the latest version 3.1.2 and have encountered the same problem. Plum X plugin is not displaying the plux widget on article detail page.
Although, I was able to display the plumx widget by directly adding the code in the template file yet I would like if someone can fix the PlumX plugin as well.
Thanks