DOI on summary / Table of Content for OJS 3

I have download this link (DOI on Table of Content for OJS 2) :
DOIonTableofContentsPlugin
But how to display DOI on summary / Table of Content for OJS 3 ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @denz_Ravenzle,

We don’t maintain that plugin, I’m afraid – you might be best off contacting its author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Is there any way to put DOI of each article on table of content without plugin?

Hi @kawahyu,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I use 3.0.1

…

Hi @kawahyu

You would have to do some changes in the code in order to achieve that. I am not sure about DOIs in 3.0.1 – since then a lot of bugs were fixed… but… Have you looked the other posts about that in this forum?

Best,
Bozana

I have but it only discusses DOI diplay in Ojs 2.x.x

Hi @kawahyu

You would need to insert this code ojs/article_details.tpl at ojs-stable-3_0_2 · pkp/ojs · GitHub somewhere in the templaste templates/frontend/objects/article_summary.tpl, e.g. here ojs/article_summary.tpl at ojs-stable-3_0_2 · pkp/ojs · GitHub.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hi @bozana
I does not work, I am using 3.0.1

Hi @kawahyu

Yes, it is possible – as I said a lot of things were improved/changed since then. Is there a possibility for you to upgrade to 3.0.2?

Best,
Bozana

Hmmm… I’ve just took a look: the code in 3.0.1 is pretty much the same: ojs/article_details.tpl at ojs-3_0_1-0 · pkp/ojs · GitHub.
If you insert that code, does it work then?
Could you also take a look in your error log file i.e. describe a little bit better what is the problem?

1 Like

Yes, I think so. I will find my leisure time for upgrade.
I have questions here [Ojs 3] Costumize child theme (footer etc) - #7 by kawahyu
about customizing manuscript theme to @NateWr, I think he is still off.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi @bozana,
I have tried to insert the code to the article_summary.tpl. But there is no change, DOI doesn’t appear in each article.
I use OJS 3.0.2.
Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Hi @eddhie

Could you post the exact code that you have added?
Also, is your DOI plugin enabled and have you assigned the DOIs to your articles?

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hi @bozana,

After I checked carefully, it turns out that DOI appears in "current " issue menu.
How to put DOI in Table of Content that in the Home (index) menu and in every TOC of archive issue?

Many Thanks

1 Like

Hi @eddhie

If the article DOIs are displayed in the TOC of the current issue, they should be displayed also in each issue’s TOC – it is the same template and the handler functions contain all the necessary information.

To display them in the TOC at the journal home page, you will also need to add this code lines:

$pubIdPlugins = PluginRegistry::loadCategory('pubIds', true);
$templateMgr->assign('pubIdPlugins', $pubIdPlugins);

somewhere in this function: https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/ojs-3_0_2-0/pages/issue/IssueHandler.inc.php#L264, e.g. here: https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/ojs-3_0_2-0/pages/issue/IssueHandler.inc.php#L280

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Video tutorial from my friend → https://youtu.be/iqGLpFDUj-A
(indonesian language, just follow the step)

Hi folks!
How I can do it in OJS 2.4.8?
Thanks

Oops, I have found

1 Like

Hi guys. Ive tried with ojs 3.2 but nothing happens