DOI Error in new version

Describe the issue or problem
In export doi give error (Screen shot attached)

When trying to submit give bleow error

Error: cvc-pattern-valid: Value ‘10.48165/’ is not facet-valid with respect to pattern ‘10.[0-9]{4,9}/.{1,200}’ for type ‘#AnonType_doi’.
Error: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value ‘10.18345/’ of element ‘doi’ is not valid.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<doi_batch_diagnostic status=“completed” sp=“ds5”>
<submission_id>1599719270</submission_id>
<batch_id>_1701491826</batch_id>
<record_diagnostic status=“Failure”>

Error: cvc-pattern-valid: Value ‘10.48165/’ is not facet-valid with respect to pattern ‘10.[0-9]{4,9}/.{1,200}’ for type ‘#AnonType_doi’.
Error: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value ‘10.48165/’ of element ‘doi’ is not valid.

</record_diagnostic>
<batch_data>
<record_count>1</record_count>
<success_count>0</success_count>
<warning_count>0</warning_count>
<failure_count>1</failure_count>
</batch_data>
</doi_batch_diagnostic>

Steps I took leading up to the issue
Try but unable to find solution (may be its bug in the doi pls check )

What application are you using?
For example, OJS 3.4.0-4

Additional information
Capture

Dear PKP Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. As we thrive on collaboration and shared knowledge within our community, it is crucial to ensure that every user’s questions are acknowledged and addressed promptly.

Recently, we’ve noticed that some inquiries from our users have gone unanswered for the past five days. This lack of response can impact the overall experience and cohesion of our community. We understand that everyone is busy, but a timely response can make a significant difference in the user’s experience and satisfaction.

If you come across a post or question that has been lingering without a reply, I kindly request you to take a moment to check and see if you can contribute or provide assistance. Your insights, experiences, or suggestions can greatly benefit fellow community members.

Additionally, if you are a staff member, please prioritize addressing open queries within a reasonable timeframe. This helps build trust and ensures that our community remains a vibrant and supportive space for all.

Remember, we are a community because of the collective knowledge and expertise we share. Your active participation is invaluable in making the PKP community a welcoming and resourceful environment.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Let’s continue to foster a community where questions are not just asked but answered with care and consideration.

Hello @Nive,

Please be patient. Support on the PKP Community Forum is provided for free by PKP staff and community members. We are a small team and need to balance our time spent answering questions here on the Forum with our other work developing and maintaining our free and open source software and other services. We cannot guarantee that every question will be answered or that every issue is resolved.

Please note that we may request clarifying details about your post, but may not be able to answer some or all of your questions, depending on the nature of your post/query. In some instances, questions are referred to other staff whose expertise, who may be able to assist when they are available.

You may need to seek professional support to resolve your issue. This can usually be acquired from the service provider that hosts or maintains your software, such as the technical support team at your institution or a third-party hosting provider.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @Nive,

This looks to me like you put a forward slash in your prefix field in your DOI plugin settings. Or that you’re not generating a suffix. This error is telling you that prefix/[empty] is not a valid DOI. Without seeing how your plugin is configured, this is hard to troubleshoot. I would recommend reading the DOI configuration guide on our documentation hub. You need a valid prefix in the prefix field. And you need to make sure you’re creating or generating a suffix in the suffix field when you publish.

https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/doi-plugin/en/

- Mike
PKP Team

I have previously activated a DOI for an earlier issue, but I am encountering difficulties activating a new DOI after migrating to version 3.4. This issue did not arise during my earlier activation. Please refrain from providing instructions on prefix usage, as I am already familiar with CrossRef terminology. Any assistance in resolving this specific problem would be appreciated.

Also not able to export crossref XML

Hi @Nive, a screenshot of your settings would be significantly more helpful than a screenshot of the error. I need to see if you have a prefix assigned. Ideally you could show me:

• what is in the prefix field in your DOI plugin settings
  • what you’ve selected for suffix pattern generation and, if custom, what the pattern is
  • within the articles section, what prefix/suffix is assigned to a given article you’re trying to register.

I appreciate that you know what Crossref is, but I still need to see these things to troubleshoot an error as broad as this.

Hi AhemNason, I appreciate your concern in addressing the problem. Please take a moment to review it as desired.

Hi @Nive,

I still need to see, if possible, your settings page where you’ve configured your prefix and suffix generation patterns. This does tell me that there’s a DOI assigned to this article and it definitely looks normal. It could be whitespace or a character encoding issue, though. I’m just trying to make sure my information is as fulsome as possible.

I’m also curious about this part of your error message.

Error: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value ‘10.18345/’ of element ‘doi’ is not valid.

Prefix 10.48165 is a prefix present in Crossref for the publisher “Asia Consultancy Service”. It’s the prefix present in the rest of the error, but the second line of your error that I’ve included here shows prefix 10.18345 which is not a prefix with any records found using the Crossref API, at least. Why is there a discrepency in prefixes here?

Additionally, is this problem persistent across this whole multi-journal installation or just this one journal within it?

Furthermore, when I look at this issue, the article with the DOI I’m seeing an error for is this one:

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.15.01 AM

This shows a prefix of 10.18165, a third prefix. This prefix is also not available via the Crossref API. There are other issues on this install with more recent publications and validating/resolving DOIs. I think the issue here is with the prefix asserted for this specific article.

Mike

There is a typographical error in the DOI, and this issue is not present in all journals but only in a few.

The problem arises when attempting to export XML data, and the error message states: “An XML validation error occurred, and the XML could not be exported.” This issue is causing significant challenges in my workflow, and I believe it requires urgent attention.

I have thoroughly reviewed the forum discussions, including the one linked below for reference:
[Link : An XML validation error occurred and the XML could not be exported]

Unfortunately, the responses provided in the referenced thread do not seem to address the issue comprehensively. I have attempted various troubleshooting steps suggested by fellow users, but none have proven effective in resolving the problem.

Could you kindly provide more detailed guidance or insights into potential solutions for this XML validation error? Any assistance or direction you can offer would be greatly appreciated, as resolving this issue is crucial for the successful completion of my tasks.

I am also facing the same error: An XML validation error occurred and the XML could not be exported

Dear PKP Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As we continue to face challenges, it’s crucial that we come together as a team to find effective solutions. Our collective efforts and collaboration are essential to overcoming any obstacles we encounter.

This is a gentle reminder to all PKP team members and staff to actively engage in problem-solving discussions. Let’s leverage our diverse skills and perspectives to identify innovative solutions and work towards their implementation.

Please prioritize open communication and encourage a free exchange of ideas. Let’s foster an environment where everyone feels empowered to contribute their thoughts and suggestions.

If you have identified potential solutions or insights, don’t hesitate to share them with the team. Remember that we are stronger when we collaborate and support one another.

Our commitment to excellence and teamwork will undoubtedly lead us to successful outcomes. Thank you for your dedication, and I look forward to seeing the positive impact of our collective efforts.

regards,
Nivedha

Hi @Nive,

I think @AhemNason is trying to help you, but might be waiting for the information he requested above:

I still need to see, if possible, your settings page where you’ve configured your prefix and suffix generation patterns. This does tell me that there’s a DOI assigned to this article and it definitely looks normal. It could be whitespace or a character encoding issue, though. I’m just trying to make sure my information is as fulsome as possible.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for your swift response. I appreciate the thorough investigation. Currently, we can generate DOIs for a single journal associated with CrossRef, but encounter challenges with XML export and DOI deposition for all other multi-installation journals. This issue is not isolated, as we’ve faced similar problems with different journals.

I’ve alerted our technical team to examine the DOI generation for multi-installation journals, and I’m actively seeking assistance from CrossRef. Your insights into DOI assignment are noted, and I assure you that I’ll scrutinize our end for any potential whitespace or character encoding issues, ensuring the accuracy of the information I provide.

Your continued support is highly valued, and I will keep you updated on any progress.

Confirmed by Crossref, there is an issue with the OJS PKP multi-installation journal system. I have reached out to the PKP technical team and the community utilizing the multi-installation journal. Please inform us whether any individual or community member can generate DOIs and submit on multi-installation. This information will assist both the community and the PKP team in enhancing the software collaboratively. Together, we can achieve a robust software that makes a remarkable impact on users.