Doi and upgrade at 3.4

Hello everyone and thanks for any help you can give me. yesterday I tried to upgrade an installation of ojs 3.3.0.14 to version 3.4
it gave me an error on a db table referring to the doi, which I actually overridden. in version 3.4 now, however, I can’t find the doi. since there are few articles I re-entered them manually, but I wonder, is this thing normal or in the update the datacite dois had to bring them back and show them on the article page as in version 3.3.0.14? because I also have other installations to update where, however, there are so many dois. where am i wrong? why does the doi no longer appear under the pdf button on the article page despite having reinserted them and I have enabled everything in the new management of the datacite doi (ex plugin to understand)? thank you all
Schermata 2023-06-16 alle 12.41.59

Hi @simgiallorosso,

I’m trying to replicate this locally but so far things seem to be working OK. Can you share any details that might help narrow down the conditions?

Can you describe a little bit more about the upgrade problem you encountered, and how you avoided it? Were you eventually able to get a “Successfully upgraded to version 3.4.0.0” message?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

my system administrator, with whom I was doing the update, told me about a problem with the doi table that was blocking the process. I can’t tell you how he overridden it or if he took off the doi table completely. I ask him and I give you a certain answer.
site migrate

we have try another time the migration

this is a new error that appear

root@jogvm:/jogdata/jogvm-3.4# php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
PHP Notice: Deprecated use of strftime-based date format. in /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPString.php on line 565
PHP Notice: Deprecated use of strftime-based date format. in /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPString.php on line 565
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [pre-install]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [load: upgrade.xml]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [version: 3.4.0.0]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [code: Installer Installer::checkPhpVersion]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [code: Installer Installer::installDefaultNavigationMenus]
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 1, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 1, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 0, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [code: Installer Installer::migrateStaticPagesToNavigationMenuItems]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [migration: APP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration]
2023-06-19 09:34:29 [A pre-flight check failed. The software was successfully upgraded to 3.3.9.9 but could not be upgraded further (to 3.4.0.0). Check and correct the error, then try again.]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Exception: There are one or more log files that were unable to finish processing. This happens when the scheduled task to process usage stats logs encounters a failure of some kind. These logs must be repaired and reprocessed or removed before the upgrade can continue. The logs can be found in the folders reject, processing and stage in /jogdata/files/usageStats. in /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php:220
Stack trace:
#0 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php(46): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->checkUsageStatsLogs()
#1 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(463): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->up()
#2 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(294): PKP\install\Installer->executeAction()
#3 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(209): PKP\install\Installer->executeInstaller()
#4 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.php(96): PKP\install\Installer->execute()
#5 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.php(69): PKP\cliTool\UpgradeTool->upgrade()
#6 /jogdata/jogvm-3.4/tools/upgrade.php(22): PKP\cliTool\UpgradeTool->execute()
#7 {main}

Hi @simgiallorosso,

The problem is just as the last message says:

If you don’t mind a few days’ lost stats, the quickest way to resolve the problem is to remove any .log files from /jogdata/files/usageStats before running the upgrade. (As always, please make a backup of everything first.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

thanks for your help.
the migration finished without errors. Thank you.
But explain to me why I no longer see the part where the doi was indicated below the pdf button?
yet i went into the plugin which redirected me to the new doi management. i selected datacite. put urser and password and marked all existing doi as already registered, yet here it doesn’t show them. Why?

I only see the dois under the how to cite

I try to explain myself better:
although I have enabled and configured the datacite doi plugin, the DOI field no longer appears under the pdf button and between the keywords and the date in the articles. the doi field appeared regularly in version 3.3.0.14
why? could you please help me to understand the problem?

this is in 3.4.0-1
Schermata 2023-06-19 alle 15 31 38
https://www.journalofgeoethics.eu/jogvm-3.401/index.php/jgsg/article/view/26

this is the same article in 3.3.0.14
Schermata 2023-06-19 alle 21 48 27
https://www.journalofgeoethics.eu/index.php/jgsg/article/view/26

if I set the default theme you see the doi instead!

thanks

Cross-posted here:

@simgiallorosso, we’re a small team and you’ll reach the same people whether you post in various forums here or in Github. It’s best not to post the same questions multiple times – it causes disorganization in our support resources.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I apologize for this, I imagine you are already full of work and I thank you for what you have done and how much you spend for us newbies. I hope that these posts will help others to solve problems independently in the future.

it works!
thanksssssss

1 Like