Does the Crossref Export Plugin include affiliation?

When I use the Crossref Export Plugin in OJS 3.1.2.1 to handle DOI deposit, my author metadata has no affiliation associated with it even when the submission metadata has author affiliations.

I can see that how to handle affiliation data in OJS is still a topic of discussion (e.g. issue 2787), but I can’t see anything in the article filter about affiliations (but I don’t know php so may not be looking in the right place). Is there a setting I’m missing or should I just download the XML and add the affiliations manually before uploading to Crossref?

Thanks!

1 Like

I ended up adding the following after line 115 in ArticleCrossrefXmlFilter.inc.php:

$personNameNode->appendChild($node = $doc->createElementNS($deployment->getNamespace(), 'affiliation', htmlspecialchars(ucfirst($author->getLocalizedAffiliation()), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8')));

Seems to work.

2 Likes

Dear @shaun
is your additional code still working with the current version of the plugin? Which other additions did you make? Do you share your code somewhere? What about sharing yours and other hacks at : GitHub - klausru/crossref-ojs: A Crossref plugin for OJS. ?
All the best
Klaus

Hi @klausru

I think that code still works but haven’t been using it much recently. I was also playing with implementing Crossmark but that is a little harder and I don’t think the code I have posted on these forums still works.

More recently I have been playing around with the 5.3 schema so haven’t been doing much with the Crossref plugin.

Dear @shaun
your code is working fine with the current ArticleCrossrefXmlFilter.inc.php . See here:

Would you like to share your code to the repo above? Feel free to upload a branch for 5.3.
best
Klaus

1 Like

thanks for sharing. It looks like the v2 of the ROR plugin will support CrossRef export … so affiliations (I wish textual and RORids) will be present. (ROR Plugin Version 2.0 · Issue #6686 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub).

best

1 Like