DOAJ export xml plugin

When I click on Export DOAJ XML articles I get the blank page without prompting me to save xml with exported data.
Please advise

You should check the error_log file to find what went wrong exactly.
Also, try setting display_errors to On in the OJS config file. It might help.

; Display an error message when something goes wrong.
display_errors = On
1 Like

Hello,

I turned On display of errors and I still get blank page
on address:
http://myaddress/eap/manager/importexport/plugin/DOAJPlugin/articles
with no errors displayed.
I opened php_errorlog I found the following information:

[18-Mar-2016 12:08:35 CST6CDT] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/eapiea66/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:381)
In file: /home/eapiea66/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php
At line: 343
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.6.18
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.6.28-76.1-log

This is a Warning and not a Fatal error. I don’t think this is the problem.
Make sure the Cache, Public and Files folders and subfolders have full access permission (777) and check again the error_log after accessing the website.

Hi all,

Just a note that 777 permissions are never safe to use in production. There’s a general note on file permissions in our FAQ.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I discovered the following:
When in The Journal Setup, The Look I put that there should be 20 items per page I have got the listing of articles after clicking to export in DOAJ export plugin.
When I click on Select All it selects all only on that page. When I go to other page all selected on previous page become deselected.
So if I have 500 articles that I want to select I have to put in Journal Setup The Look, that there should be 500 items listed in order to select them easily instead of creating 25 XML files that should be appended to each other. After completing that job I should put back that there should be 20 items listed. Right?
Interestingly enough, the listing of export of articles in XML in other Export plugin was present regardless of the setup of number of items in Journal Setup, The Look.
Somehow, the role of listing is not universally connected with that definition that I found in the Journal Setup, the Look.
Please comment/advise.

I defined that there should be 600 items per page and exported articles to XML for DOAJ. I have done the same for issues today. When I see xml files they look identical. What is difference between exporting issues and exporting articles?
Is it difference in individual selection which is irrelevant when we select all?

Thanks

check this link

Hello, I do not have the case that it repeats the same items all over. Well, they are ordered in an unusual way, It starts with Vol9, then Vol, 8, than vol 5, some articles are mixed but It seems that all are there.
It is confusing that issue export and articles export do have the same result. Or, there should be some note on that in documentation so the user knows what to expect and in which scenarios which process/mechanism to use and that in some cases defining of items per page is important for export and which it isn’t.