Displaying the lists of users

Hi,

I need some hint to modify the way the list of users is displayed, namely the present setting is as
Salutation Firstname Middlename Lastname
and I would prefer for convenience
Lastname, Firstname Middlename
Where to change the setting?

Thank you,
Claude

Hi @Claude_Sabbah,

What application are you asking about, and what version?
Which listing of users are you talking about?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

Sorry for my mail so unprecise !
I am speaking of OJS (I use 2.4.6 now).
As a site administrator, I have access to the list of users of the OJS site. There (in the default version), the list of users is displayed as I would like, namely

However, on the Journal sites, the lists of users with or without specific role, to which the JMs or the Editors have access, are displayed as
Salutation Firstname Middlename Lastname
and I would like to display as

My question is: Is it possible to uniformize both presentations, and choose the one seen by the site administrator.

Thank you
Claude

Hi @Claude_Sabbah,

That sounds like one of the Journal Manager’s lists to me… What is the URL to the list? You can exclude any identifying portion of the URL – I just need the part after the “index.php”, minus the journal path (the first part).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

To be more precise, the following two lists are not presented the same way, from the point of view of the Journal Manager:
Users enrolled in this journal: index.php/JEP/manager/people/all
and
Enroll a user from this site to this journal: /index.php/JEP/manager/enrollSearch

So my question is: how to present the lists of enrolled users in a way similar to the enrollSearch list ?

Best
Claude

Hi @Claude_Sabbah,

Per the technical reference…

…you can locate a piece of code in the system using the URL. The first two parts after the journal identifier are the important ones: “manager” either “people” or “enrollSearch”, respectively.

The “manager” part identifies the handler class as living in pages/manager. You can look at the pages/manager/index.php wrapper to see that both “people” and “enrollSearch” live in pages/manager/PeopleHandler.inc.php.

Looking at the bottom of the “people” function, there’s reference to the manager/people/enrollment.tpl template. Looking at the bottom of the “enrollSearch” function, there’s manager/people/searchUsers.tpl. Templates all live in the “templates” subdirectory, so finally, you’ll need to look at…

• templates/manager/people/enrollment.tpl
  • templates/manager/people/searchUsers.tpl

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

Thank you. In fact, by looking at the files you mentioned I suspected that the function getFullName was at the heart of my question, and you had already nicely answered at
http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11343&p=44648&hilit=getfullname#p44648

Thanks a lot.
Claude

1 Like