Disable One-Click Review access on Multi Journal OJS 3.1.2-4 During Maintenance

Hi,

Is there a way to temporarily disable all users from accessing OJS through the One-Click Review link sent to them in review emails?

I understand they are automatically logged in when they click the login as it has issued them a key.

The reason I ask is because we are using a multi journal OJS 3.1.2-4 installation (includes 30+ journals) and recently migrated servers.

Unfortunately, we didn’t factor these emails into the migration content freeze and users were able to access the old system regardless of us having added exit functions to Validation.inc.php. This meant that some users were able to complete reviews that were not in the newly migrated system.

We will be performing another content freeze to users in the next few months so it would be great to better prepare for that.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi @scater,

You’re interested in disabling these in OJS 2.x, correct? You can do this by editing pages/reviewer/ReviewerHandler.inc.php and looking for the call to SubmissionReviewHandler::validateAccessKey. Comment out that line of code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi Alex that sounds great. I mean for OJS 3.x though going forward. We are no longer on OJS 2.

Is it the same for OJS 3.1.2-4?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi @scater,

It’s in a slightly different place, but still named the same, and still can be disabled by commenting it out.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thanks Alex, as usual a great help! Cheers!

1 Like