Disable CC to author on Proofreader input

Currently when a proofreader returns comments to the editor on the final version of a paper they are copied to the author. This is causing some confusion for authors who think they are being asked to make changes. How can I disable the CC. This message is not one of the prepared emails so I cannot find a way to amend it.
Thanks

Hi @dgardner,

Are you using OJS or OMP? What version of the software? If you could include a screenshot of the form that results in an email being CC’d to the author, that would help.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alex,
We are using OJS 2.4.6.0
What seems to be happening is that the proofreader’s comments which are typed into the correction box are sent to the editor (which is fine) and to the author (which is not so fine). I was wrong to say previously that the message to the editor was CCed to the author, there seems to be two separate messages. I looked in the email log for one paper where this happened and emails (attached) which show: message with corrections to editor, same message to author, and then a repeat message to the editor BCCed to the proofreader. As you can see from the example the proofreader has made comments which I would rather the author did not see as they go beyond the remit of a proofreader.

Hi @dgardner,

If you want to tweak the addressing of proofreading messages, have a look at ProofreadCommentForm.inc.php:

The highlighted line is where the author’s identity gets added to the addressing list for cases where the proofreader is sending the message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks for looking into this but I am not a programmer so I think I will need to revert to my previous approach which was to circumvent OJS by asking proofreaders to email me directly. I was hoping there might be some fix I could do as Journal Editor to choose who gets included in the message (like in many of the emails). Given the choice I would prefer using the OJS messaging system because then a record is kept.

Hi @dgardner,

Note that OJS 3.0 will provide a lot more flexibility in how users can be included in communication like this. Watch for OJS 3.0 to come out this summer.

Regards,
Alec Smecher