Deposit and link to files other than articles

Hello,

I would like to make some files available for readers/authors : instructions for authors, templates, Zotero template etc…

I can upload the files through the file browser, but then what is the link to be used in the pages to link to these files ?

I know that I could upload the files elsewhere in the server and link directly, but this requires that I request the site administrators all the time, while a solution within OJS would allow me to do it by myself

Thank you in advance
Denis

Hi @denisbastia,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

We currently use OJS 2.4.6.0
Denis

Hi @denisbastia,

Have a look at this post for some information on a work-around, which involves creating a symbolic link from your files_dir (configured in config.inc.php) to your public files area. Note that this will permit Journal Managers to upload potentially malicious files – e.g. .php and .html, so there is some level of risk associated with it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you Alec,
I will ask the administrators to implement this.
Best regards
Denis

Hi @asmecher,
is there a simpler solution for OJS 3 to make files available for readers/authors?
Thanks
Sonja

Hi @aulock,

Have you looked at the Journal Library? This is currently the best way available in OJS 3 way to make templates etc. available to registered users.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Thanks @asmecher! Perfect.

Hi @asmecher, any way to make files available to anyone, not only registered users?

Hi @aulock,

Not yet, though it’s been requested: Improve Submission Library utility · Issue #520 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher