Deploying in Cloud Based Server AWS

How do you install OJS on the following configuration:

Amazon EC2 as Server
Amazon RDS as Database
Amazon S3 as Storage

Hi @pramanikshreya,

We don’t have specific instructions for Amazon services, but as long as they meet the installation requirements (documented in docs/README), you should be able to follow the normal installation instructions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

As you mentioned configurations we are not able to deploy in cloud based server AWS. Actually we don’t have any particular requirements like you said. But Open Journal System (OJS) 2.4.6 Installation done on Ubuntu Server 12.10

You can download the latest stable release of OJS

wget http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-2.4.6.tar.gz

Thanks,
MadisonQuinn

Hi all,

Just a note that OJS 2.4.6 is not the latest stable; you can always get the latest release from the download page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, has there been any update regarding installing and configuring ojs on aws? … ive installed and followed the instructions on the readme file but it doesnt take me to the automatic installation page as the readme file indicates it will … so when i go onto www.mydomain.com/ojs which should load up the installation screen, it gives me a 500 error.

Hi @RCVSK,

I see you’ve already asked this question at OJS on AWS EC2 Instance - #2 by asmecher. Please don’t double-post; it clutters the forum. I’ve responded to your forum there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher