**Deleted users continue to enter OJS**

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
Greetings!
I have removed several users from the system and they can still log in. What’s going on?

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
My OJS version is 3.3.0-10

Hi @Sunny

Are these accounts the same you have removed? Could you please check when these were created on the system?

Best,
Israel

Greetings!
Excuse my ignorance, but I’m just learning as I go.
How can I see when users were created? I mean the date.

Hi @Sunny,

It’s likely that you’ve misunderstood the “remove” feature, which does not actually delete user accounts. It removes any enrollments the user might have in the current journal, but the user account still continues to exist. If you want to completely delete a user account, I’d suggest looking at the “Merge” feature.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Okay. Thank you very much for the clarification. But why has the system been programmed to be like this? Something has happened?

Hi @Sunny,

I suspect you’re using OJS as a single-journal system; it also functions as a multi-journal system, e.g. for institutional hosts. Some of the features and choices make more sense when OJS is used as a multi-journal system. In that context, a user might be active in both Journal A and Journal B; Journal A’s manager can use the “Remove” feature to remove the user from any roles in their journal without affecting Journal B (which may be managed by an entirely different team).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.