Default redirect page after login

Hi,

I have another question about my installation. After login, my users (no right but to view articles, I do not use online submission for the moment) are redirected to /submission page which they are not autorized to view (and so error message which is not very user friendly). So where can I define a default redirect page after login, index of the journal for instance.

Thanks in advance

Hi @farth,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

you’re right, I totaly forgot to mention it. I use OJS 3.0.1.

In fact, I have worked a bit on it this afternoon. I have encountered a strange thing. In /lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php I have modified in the function getHomeUrl the ligne :

return $request->url(null, 'submissions');
with
return $request->url(null, 'index');

But no change. In the log, after login, the user is still redirected to /submissions. For the moment, I have a very dirty hack in redirecting to index instead of error page.

Thanks in advance

Hi @farth,

What roles do these users have? (Try logging in as one, then view their Profile page under the Roles tab.)

The line of code you were working with (getHomeUrl in lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php) should have had an effect; if not, I wonder whether your browser was caching the response.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
I have the exect same problem today (using OJS 3.2.1.0), and would welcome any help. Maybe You or others have a good solution to the problem since this issue was postet. Or maybe @asmecher could help me with some info about where and how a hack was made.