DB Error in OJS 3.2.0.0 - illegal mix of collations

Hi all,

After installing the OJS 3.2.0.0, all the HTML galleys were not viewable. It does not affect the PDF galleys. Please see the snapshot below:

snapshot2

I upgraded the OJS3.2.0.0 via web/cpanel softaculous package. How can I make them appear again? What should I do to my database to make it viewable?

Thanks!
neuroscirn

Hi @neuroscirn,

This is a MySQL error message, not an OJS error message; you might find some helpful guidance e.g. on StackOverflow: mysql - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' - Stack Overflow

If you were able to resolve the issue, please post the resolution in case someone else runs into it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, again you brought me to the solution. Basically, I used pHpAdmin in the cpanel to change all “tables collations” and “tables columns collations” of the ojs database to utf8_general_ci and everything miraculously works again in the database!

All my problems are solved with the OJS 3.2.0.0. The interface and editorial activity tab is great!!!

Cheers~
neuroscirn

2 Likes

BIG thanks, it helped me to solve this issue! After upgrade I was unable to shedule any submission and all pdf’s disappeared.

1 Like