DB Error: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now open journal source

Sorry, I don’t have a slightest clue what this is so I don’t feel comfortable doing it if the problem isn’t really a problem (occurs and ends within AJAX). Besides, it could be that I missed something when describing the problem as I’m not an expert/developer. Also, the error is not easily reproducible, sometimes it can be reproduced but sometimes it can’t.

But I remembered something while looking at your thread link above: the error.log once (days ago) did record a message similar to this one proposed in that thread: “to solve this problem you have to store result data before use it” although I’m not sure if it was also a fatal error or a warning. Hope this helps.

So you think that PHP version 7.0 is OK although the recommended PHP version for OJS3 is 7.1 ?

No, PHP 7.0 is beyond end of life:
https://php.net/supported-versions.php

PHP 7.1 is the minimum supported version.

But if I remember it correctly (this was a couple of months ago), we can’t run some plugins under PHP 7.1, like ORCID, OpenAIRE… they crash the whole site.

I know the orcidProfile plugin is designed for PHP 7.1 or better.

I searched the forum for issues with OpenAIRE and 7.x, but didn’t see anything relevant. Since it is packaged with OJS 3.x by default, it should be compatible as well.

OK, we’ll retest PHP 7.1 then. Perhaps all sorts of patches that you guys came up with in the meantime have fixed the issues I was referring to. Speaking of plugins, is there a directory of current (stable or not) plugins, like WordPress has?

Since asmecher is unavailable, can you address these pressing (monetary) issues addressed at him: here and here.

Most importantly: how are manual payments actually integrated with OJS3? User Manual is very general and doesn’t cover this issue. Is there some technical documentation? For example, how does an unsubscribed buyer who manually purchases a single article access just that article (with and without creating a user account)? I searched everywhere but to no avail.

The Plugin Gallery within the application is intended to be the standard for the directory of current plugins, but this is obviously not exhaustive. You’ll find a number of others listed here in the forum. I think that ultimately a parallel to WordPress’ plugin directory or Drupal’s module list would be nice.

I can try to look at the linked issue if other folks don’t chime in. My emphasis is on open access publishing, however, so I’m not as familiar with the payment code.

OK. And do you have a fix for the above strange mousover behavior that just looks unprofessional?

In the meantime, could you please also address these two issues:

1. When search returns some results, and you hit the Back button on your browser (here Chrome), you’re taken to this ugly Confirm Form Resubmission page:
    OJS3search
    Is there any way to bypass it and take the visitor back to the Search form directly? Another forum has a whole bunch of proposed solutions, so perhaps you could find the one that’s fitting for the OJS3?

2. When viewing an article in the Article View, you’re presented with article Title, Authors, Affiliations, Abstract, How to Cite, Issue, Section, Copyright, and References sections of the View. How do we make the article’s displayed Section (for example: “Research Articles”) clickable so that clicking it takes the visitor to our Research Articles section? I think this added cross-referencing feature is simple to implement (and based on your previous help above, I’m sure you already know where to find it and how to make it clickable). It would greatly improve the user-friendliness of the OJS3 and provide a better user experience. So perhaps this might be worth a new feature in a future OJS3 upgrade. (This is for us who installed the Browse by Sections plugin.)

Please open each of these as new topics, if you haven’t already.

OK, just did, here and here. Please address them, if you would?

The issue of strange mouseover behavior as depicted above still needs attention/solution.