Date format localizsation in emails

changing the date format via config.php works on the side but not in Mails. {$reviewDueDate} f.e. stays in US format

Hi @mcmorrister,

If this is a known bug that you’ve identified, I recommend that you file it on Github.

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi - we have changed our local Date Formats in config.inc.php (OJS 3.2.1.1). The web browser view is now as desired, but email dates are still in US format. Is this a known bug as mentioned, happy to file a new Issue on GitHub if you like??

Hi @SteveRoe,

There are some recent changes in version 3.3. that address date changes: Date formats should allow different configurations for each language · Issue #5540 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - but I’m not sure how/if these affect emails specifically. I’ll try to see if our developers can weigh in on this.

-Roger
PKP Team

@SteveRoe

In order to determine whether this is related to this issue, we would specifically need to know what dates in what particular emails you are referring to.

-Roger

hi @rcgillis - I attach a couple of screenshots… the date format we want to change is from “2021-03-25” to something like 25 March 2021

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.28.57

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.28.28

Hi @SteveRoe,

Thanks - I’ll see if I can get our developers to determine whether or not this would be addressed as a part of the 3.3 enhancement with date formats.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks for reporting, @SteveRoe. It looks like this is a bug with the date passed into the email. I’ve filed an issue and you can track the progress here: Review due dates do not use date format in review request email · Issue #6838 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

2 Likes