Dataverse plugin for OJS 3.0?

Hi!
I have installed OJS 3.0b and Harvard Dataverse 4.4 and wanted to play with the OJS-Dataverse plugin.

It would seem that the Dataverse plugin is not included in the 3.0b dist or in the Github ojs repo at this point. Would it make sense (= likely to work) to install it from the jwhitney/dataverse repo?

Are there any plans to include the Dataverse plugin in future releases of OJS?

Cheers,
Anders

Hi @aconrad,

That plugin hasn’t yet been adapted to the master branch (for release with OJS 3.0), and likely won’t until a subsequent release. We don’t have concrete plans for when this work will be done yet, though of course interest from the user community will help us prioritize.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Many thanks for your reply, Alec!

I believe mys institution (which is The Royal Library in Copenhagen) might be interested in this functionality at some point. Currently we are trying it out and evaluating, as we already have both an older Dataverse and an OJS installation. It might be valuable to connect them.

Thank you,
Anders

@asmecher as a Dataverse developer I like being able to say that OJS ships with the Dataverse plugin. I didn’t realize this is no longer the case as of OJS 3. (To be honest, I didn’t know about OJS 3. Good luck with the rewrite!) It would be fantastic if OJS continued to ship with the Dataverse plugin. For our part, we link to OJS at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.4/api/apps.html#ojs and talk about the integration all the time. :smile:

Hi Alec!

We’re also interested in the porting of the Dataverse plugin to OJS 3.x, since we’re hosting instances of both platforms here at Scholars Portal and would love to promote this integration to our users.

Is there a github issue for this yet? I had a look but didn’t see one.

Thanks!

Best,
Kaitlin Newson

Hi @kaitlin,

That’s wonderful! I’ve created an issue for it over here. Is there anything I can do to facilitate?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Nothing at this time Alec. We just wanted to see if it was on your radar, but obviously this is a very busy time for everyone involved with OJS! Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

That sounds promising! We have set up a test version of Dataverse 3.0 and will be testing the connection from OJS 2.4.8 with some of our journals. I will keep you posted.

/Anders

1 Like