Database Error Open Journal System

DB Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘groups WHERE assoc_type = 256 AND assoc_id = 11 AND context = 2 ORDER BY context’ at line 1

I’m getting this info when clicking my Journal tab ‘About’.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Hi @ygzalis87,

Can you provide your specific OJS version number, please (e.g. 3.3.0-17) - please include this in your posts as it provides relevant information for those trying to provide assistance.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

I’m using OJS 2.4.8.1. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you in advance

Hi @ygzalis87,

I’m afraid I can’t be of much help – the version of OJS that you’re using is no longer maintained or supported by PKP. I highly recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance with your question.

You may find the following resources helpful in preparing for and performing the upgrade:

These resources will introduce you to OJS 3 and how it is different from OJS 2:

You may need to seek professional support to upgrade your installation. This can usually be acquired from the service provider that hosts or maintains your software, such as the technical support team at your institution or a third-party hosting provider.

-Roger
PKP Team

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:Thank you so much for the guidance. I will try to fix it as per recommendation.