customLocale version/repository confusion

Dear community

When I upgrade the customLocale plugin in the admin backend of ojs, it upgrades it to version 1.1.0.2, but in the repository (GitHub - pkp/customLocale: Fine-tune the language of OPS, OJS, or OMP without modifying files or changing it for everyone.) there is no such version.

I also did a pull request (make plugin usable at site level by edelm · Pull Request #13 · pkp/customLocale · GitHub) last November which didn’t get any feedback from the repository owners.

I wonder if GitHub - pkp/customLocale: Fine-tune the language of OPS, OJS, or OMP without modifying files or changing it for everyone. is still the correct repository for this plugin?
Does anybody here have more information on this?

Hi @edelm,

Thanks for your post. I can see that there is a 1.1.0.2 of the custom locale plugin in the plugin gallery: plugin-gallery/plugins.xml at main · pkp/plugin-gallery · GitHub.

However, it is not the listed as a release for the plugin repository itself (Releases · pkp/customLocale · GitHub) , as you note.

I believe the plugin gallery indicates the definitive versions of plugins - and not necessarily the individual github repository - @asmecher - could you speak to this as well as the issue with the pull request?

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @edelm,

The version in the Plugin Gallery is known compatible with your release of OJS. The main branch is currently under active development for release with OJS/OMP/OPS 3.4.0, so won’t work with your installation. I’d recommend sticking with the version that’s recommended in the Plugin Gallery.

The pull request you opened didn’t pass our automated testing toolset; I’ll follow up on the PR.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.