Creation of XML and HTML for OJS

Please, how do I create html and Xml for use on OJS?

Hi @fuba

If you are using OJS3 you may attempt using this plugin:

To parse XML files, in its readme there is a link showing a XML sample article.
Hope it helps.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

As for JATS Parser Plugin, it converts JATS XML to HTML on the fly (when a user goes by the link to the article). The latest version of a plugin is built-in inside Old Gregg Theme: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/oldGregg: Theme for OJS 3 with Bootstrap 4
I am working on the new version of a plugin with better functionality. Think, during this month I will renew it on the GitHub’s JATSParser Page and Old Gregg Theme page. Keep in mind, that JATS Parser Plugin will provide only HTML, you will need to add a custom CSS inside you theme, but in Old Gregg Theme this is already done.

If you want to convert DOCX into JATS XML, you can try PKP Open Typesetting Stack:
http://pkp-udev.lib.sfu.ca/
Or you can try my mini tool: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/DOCX2JATS: Java project, aimed to facilitate DOCX to JATS XML transformation for scientific articles

3 Likes

Saludos

Cómo puedo poner las tabs Downloads y Statics en mis XML que subo a OJS3?

Hi @israel.cefrin,

I tried uploading the plugin in our 3.2.1.1 ojs installation. I got a PHP syntax error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in src/plugins/generic/jatsParser/JatsParserPlugin.inc.php on line 929

Can it be because of PHP version? We have PHP 7.2.24 installed.

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

What version of the plugin you are trying to install?

I tried the latest one,
2021-03-11

I’ll try 2.1.0.0 version of the plugin which I believe should work with php 7.2. Is this the best option?

Regards
Ghazal

Try 2.1.9-2, it’s the latest compatible with OJS 3.2.1. PHP version should be 7.3+

If you are using Git, you can also try stable-3_2_1 branch: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/JATSParserPlugin at stable-3_2_1 (see installation for development instructions)