Creating a submission button?

Hello,

I am just starting my open journal systems. I cannot seem to figure out how to create a submit button, so that students can submit research at any time and as often as they’d like. Currently, it only allows them to submit immediately after registration. Would someone help guide me in the right direction?

Thank you

www.americanjournalofbehavioralhealth.com
www.ajobh.com

Hi,
If someone is registered as an author, they will have the option of ‘starting a new submission’ from their user home at any time. That does mean that they need to be logged in before being able to submit.
I see that currently the default for registration is set as “reader”. If you want “author” to also be selected by default you can choose that option in your journal management setup pages, step 4.1 “user registration”.

Hope this helps.
Karen

Hi Karen,
I see that we can give users the option to register as authors, but I don’t see how to default to having them registered as both readers and authors. They still have to check the author box. Thank you so much for your help.
Best,
Nicole

Hi @sumpcre,

The defaults are implemented in classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php in the initData function:

$this->setData('registerAsReader', 1);

To add a default author role, you’d need to add below that:

$this->setData('registerAsAuthor', 1);

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you! I really appreciate the help.