Create plugin in OCS portal

Good morning, I want to create a plugin that generates a ranking
with the best presentations and articles in the OCS portal. How do I make the
plugin creation and install it on the portal? Thank you.

Hi @NathanBelo,

Start with the OJS Technical Reference for general information – OCS differs in a few aspects, but the information there is overall good for OCS. Have a look through the built-in plugins as example code.

I can’t guide you through a modification or plugin in detail, but if you get stuck somewhere specific, I may be able to point out some useful resources.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, thanks a lot for the tip, but how do I get access to the code of an internal plugin?

Hi @NathanBelo,

Look in the .inc.php files in the various subdirectories of plugins.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Good morning, these plugins I have access only by ne code? There is no way to direct the portal? Another thing, I saw that through the portal, on the manager page, there is an option to create plugin, in this tab it says the following: 'This form allows to send and install a new plugin. Make sure the plugin is compressed as “.tar.gz” file type. Can I send my plugin here? But I do not know this type of file, could you clarify to me?
Thank you

Hi @NathanBelo,

To upload a plugin, you’ll need to create a .tar.gz package containing the same sorts of files you see included in other plugins. So if you want to create a brand new plugin, you’ll need to work with the code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

But I do not understand how I make this package. Does it have to be in php? What files do I need in this package? Do not you have a sample package so I can take a look? And if you can clarify me about this package, because I could not have access to the other plugins. Thank you.

Hi @NathanBelo,

Yes, I’m afraid you’ll need PHP experience to do this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

Yes, I think I can do it, but I need to know what I have to have inside the package. If it’s just the code, and how I refer to components of the portal.

Hi @NathanBelo,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/technicalreference/2.1/plugins.html for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher