Create a page in the menu bar from BD

Hello everyone.

The reason for my post is to ask how I could create a blank page (from scratch) in the toolbar.

And in that css, it is collected to reduce the size of the letter of the menu bar of the main page.

Hi @gardbeat,

What application and what version are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry @asmecher , I always forget. My OJS version is 2.4.7-1.

By the way, I’ve sent you a private message about an old post. I am waiting for your answers, very kind.

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but you should be able to use the Static Pages Plugin to create a new page, and then use the Journal Setup step 5 tools to customize the navigation bar to include a link to it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher.

I can not access this section from our panel, due to a problem in our version. So, I ask you the alternative to create it via BBDD.

Hi @gardbeat,

I would suggest fixing the root cause – you are likely to have many problems working with an install that doesn’t permit you to access the plugin administration area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

I spoke with the department that you sent me by form and I am still waiting for you to help me. Could you tell me to get out of step while creating it via BBDD?

Thank you!!

Hi @asmecher,

Is there an alternative? Thanks!

@asmecher or @ctgraham,

Is there an alternative? Thanks!

Are you asking how to create a static page directly via SQL in the database?

We can’t really recommend or support direct manipulation of the database outside of the framework, especially if you are indicating that the code itself might be causing problems.

On the other hand, the static pages plugin operates similarly to other plugins with regard to storing data in the plugin_settings table. For example, you did some similar work with the Custom Block Manager plugin here:

@ctgraham @asmecher

Thanks for your reply. But what it tells me is to create the blocks. What I am asking is to create a page to add it in the menu from the DB. I’m waiting.

Both plugins operate similarly. The difference is the plugin name and setting_name keys.

I would suggest installing a test journal and experimenting with a functional version of the plugin to get a feel for how the plugin stores the data in this table.

@ctgraham,

Could you paste the link for an example and / or manual to follow? Thank you.

There isn’t a manual or walkthrough for this, as directly manipulating the database is not recommended or supported.

Are you able to install a test journal? This could be done on a test server, a virtual machine, or even your own desktop. You could then experiment with the Static Pages plugin. Look at how your actions in the UI affect the data in the plugin_settings table, for rows where the plugin_settings.plugin_name is ‘staticpagesplugin’.