Copyeditor can not open submission files

One of our copyeditors can not open submission files of one of submissions assigned to him, although he can open files of other submissions. When he tries to open the file he gets the following JSON:

{“status”:false,“content”:“The current role does not have access to this operation.”,“elementId”:“0”,“events”:null}

Any idea on how to fix this?

Hi Mohammad - out of curiosity, can other copyeditors assigned to that submission open the files?

Hi jnugent, I just added a second copyeditor, the “draft files” box is not showing at all for the second copyeditor.

Also, I noticed that this paper had 2 review rounds, maybe it is something to do with the reviewing process.

Hi Mohammad, the draft files box is not showing at all? or is it there, but empty?

It is solved now!

I guess it was caused because of starting a new round of reviewing AFTER assigning a copyeditor (is that scenario possible?). That’s why the copyeditor couldn’t open the file (because review is not complete yet). Now they accepted the second round of review and a new file appeared to the copyeditor and it is accessible (the older one is still there inaccessible).

Thank you jnugent for your help.

1 Like