Copyediting Issue

Hi There,

I hope someone can help me. I’ve been working with OJS 2.4.5.0 and our installation seems a little buggy.

One rather large problem preventing us from publishing our latest issue at present is a problem somewhere in the pipeline between a section editor sending to copyedit, and the copyeditor receiving it. As copyeditor, I have 13 active submissions, but I have not received any email notifications for any of these. Can I change a setting somewhere to alter this so that I do receive an email?

Secondly, there seems to be an issue with where the submissions actually go. I’ve tested out this process myself. Some of them go to the ‘initial copy edit’ area, which is where they should be afaik, but some seem to go straight to galley. Some are .doc, some are .pdf (this, I’m assuming, is editor error). Some documents never show up at all, though a ‘submission’ for them is present in my Copyeditor listing. Does that make sense?

I’m hoping someone can help me out. Could this be an error in code or a blip in installation, or are we doing something daft?

BW

J

I should also note that some of these papers haven’t been through the entire OJS process, having first come to the journal under our ‘old regime’, as it were. Could that have something to do with it?

BW

J

Hi @jwalklate

As you said, most likely your install has some old code. I suggest you to update your OJS 2.4.x to latest release of 2.x.
Recent one (2.4.8-2) has lot of fixes to reported issues like yours. My guess is that an update could solve most of those issues you are facing.
Remember to backup all before proceed an upgrade.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team