Controlling recipients of STATISTICS_REPORT_NOTIFICATION

Hi @asmecher, @talknshare,

We are using OJS 3.2.1.3.

Since we migrated from OJS 3.1 to 3.2, the email template “STATISTICS_REPORT_NOTIFICATION” was sent automatically to Editors and Managers.
A Manager of a journal wanted to stop that Editors and Managers receive this email so Manager disabled this email template, but the Editorial Reports was still sent to Editors and Managers.

If I clearly understand the explanation of @asmecher, new users will not receive anymore the email template if it is disabled.
But Existing users (old users), will need to make the change in the database. What does it mean users will need to make the change in the database ?
Does it mean users need for “Statistics report summary.” to check the box: “Do not send me an email for these types of notifications.” in Notification Tab in their profile ?
Can the DBA insert directly in database a line in notification_subscription_settings table with setting_name “blocked_emailed_notification” for all existing users for this type of email ?

I have another question, if Editors and Managers don’t want to receive both email and notification in the tasks, do they have for “Statistics report summary.” to uncheck the box: “Enable these types of notifications.” in Notification Tab in their profile ?
Can the DBA insert directly in database a line in notification_subscription_settings table with setting_name “blocked_notification” for all existing users for this type of email ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards.
Helene

Hi @asmecher, @talknshare,
Any Suggestion for my last question ?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Kind regards.
Helene

The issue is still open and will hopefully be resolved with OJS 3.4.