Contributing (non corresponding) author invited as reviewer!

Describe the issue or problem
One of our editors inadvertently invited a contributing author to review their article. A flag is triggered when attempting to invite a review from the corresponding author but shouldn’t there be flag for non-corresponding contributors.

What application are you using?

OJS 3.3.0.11

Additional information

Hello @Richard_Medina,

I know what you mean - it’s a good point. In your case does your second, non-contributing author have an account within your OJS instance?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi, Yes, the contributing (not corresponding) author who was inadvertently invited to review is a user in the system. They have the roles of author, reviewer, and section editor. Thanks for following up!

Hi @Richard_Medina,

I ran this by one of our developers who had this to say:

yes, we only check against users assigned as participants to the submission it probably does make sense to check against the author records. but this could only be done for matching email addresses. author records are not associated with user accounts.

So, that said, it might make sense if you wanted to file this as a feature request. You can do that by creating a new post here on the forum and selecting “Feature Request” and following the template describing the issue on the new post following the template provided. You can use this post as a reference as well: Automatic certificate for reviewers and authors

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks Roger! I’ve added the request. -Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.