Connecting OJS with ORCID for Automatic Addition of Articles to Author Profile

Hello,

I am using the Open Journal Systems (OJS) for scholarly publishing, and I am currently satisfied with managing and maintaining my articles on OJS. However, I would like to know if there is a way to automatically add articles to the author’s profile on ORCID. By connecting OJS to ORCID, can it be configured to automatically update the article information in the author’s profile on ORCID whenever a paper is published in OJS?

If there is a possibility to accomplish this task, please guide me on how I can implement this technique. Also, if you have any links to relevant documentation in this regard, I would appreciate it if you could share them.

Thank you.

Hi @zerof,

• for these articles, do you mean articles that are not published on your journal? Can you explain a bit further - perhaps by giving an example of what you’d like to see?

-Roger
PKP Team

What I mean is that when the article is published in my journal, if the authors have added the orcid , the article will be automatically added to that author’s orcid.
Is there any way to automatically add the article in orcid ?
Because normally, the author should add the article by searching (add works ,…) in the Orchid profile

@rcgillis?

Please tell me the solution

Hi there,

I have exactly the same question as zerof: when uploading an article on the journal’s OJS webpage, is there a way to automaticaly add it to the author’s profile in ORCID?
Maybe a plugin to implement this funcionality?
Would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance.

@zerof - sorry, I’m not entirely sure if this is feasible, based on what you’ve described. @Dulip_Withanage - do you know if what is being proposed is currently capable within the current OJS plugin?

-Roger
PKP Team

@zerof @Cadernos

if you mean adding the article as a record to orcid.org , you need three things.

• you must have OJS 3.2 or 3.3
  • you have to install the OrcidProfile Plugin from OJS plugin gallery.
  • Your journal or the instlallation must have a member api key from orcid.org

You can also get a testing key for sandbox of orcid.org to test before getting a member api key.

https://sandbox.orcid.org/0000-0002-5308-4346

2 Likes

Hi Dulip

Thanks for your advice on this.
That’s exactly what I want to have same help.
Both OJS 3.3 and the plugin are no problem.
Not sure about the member API key from orcid but I’ll check about it.

Thank you so much,
best regards