Conference Timeline and Information

Hello;

I would like to know how to get a 2014 event scheduler in OCS? When I installed last year the OCS in our website the event time schedule is set to 2016 the year that install in our conference. I have archive file of our conference we want to put this in online for transparency purposes.

May I know how to set?

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Is the problem that the date dropdowns in the scheduler don’t go back that far? (Also, please include your OCS version in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Here is the OCS version;

This conference uses Open Conference Systems 2.3.5.0, which is open source conference management software developed, supported, and freely distributed by the Public Knowledge Project under the GNU General Public License.

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Is the problem that the date dropdowns in the scheduler don’t go back that far?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks alec;

for the response; for now website is shutting down due the hacker problem, and we migrate to other server.

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Can you provide some details on the hacker problem you mention?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec;

It’s a shared hosting and the site protection problem actually.

-regards

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

OK, thanks for following up!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello. Does anyone know if it is possible to insert the option of old dates to include previous conferences?

Hi @marcela.reinhardt,

You would need to modify the code slightly – see classes/manager/form/TimelineForm.inc.php:

list($earliestDate, $latestDate) = $this->getOutsideDates($schedConf);
$templateMgr->assign('firstYear', strftime('%Y', $earliestDate));
$templateMgr->assign('lastYear', strftime('%Y', $latestDate));

You should be able to put the earliest year you want in place of $earliestDate in the middle line.

However, note that we aren’t currently maintaining OCS, in case you’re starting a new project with it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks for listening.
Is there any suggestion for another platform?

Hi @marcela.reinhardt,

I’m afraid not – there are a lot of conference tools available, each with a different feature set, so it’s hard to recommend a single replacement for OCS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher