Competing Interests (Setup Step 3.3) field data not visible in guiding submissions (about/submissions)

Hi all,
We are using OJS-2.4.6. In some journals the data that is written in the “Competing Interests” in section 3.3 of the setup is not visible in the “about/submissions” page. In other journals it is visible.
I couldn’t find any clue regarding the problem. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Best regards,
Mehran

Hi @mtoreihi,

Is it possible that this content has been entered in one of the other fields, e.g. the Author Guidelines, for the journals in which the competing interests text does appear in the About > Submissions area?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec,
The text has been entered in the 3.3 section “Guidelines for filing a Competing Interest statement” and it can not be seen in any of the sub links in the “about” section. We have a multi journal OJS. This problem has been occurred on some journals while others are OK. It is strange!
For example in one of the journals I have entered “0000000000” for “Author Guidelines”, “11111111111111” for “Copyright Notice” and “333333333333333333” for “Guidelines for filing a Competing Interest statement”. We can only see zeros and ones in the view. Here it is:
http://journals.sbmu.ac.ir/FP/about/submissions

Hi @mtoreihi,

Information entered in the “Guidelines for filing a Competing Interest statement” setup field is displayed in the QuickSubmit plugin, on the metadata form for a submission, in the reviewer’s workflow and submission process. It shouldn’t be displayed in the “About” area. I suspect your journal either has modifications to the About area, or that the same data has also been entered into another field that is getting displayed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,
Something new! The text that I saw in the about submission section was entered in the 3.1 section (Author guidelines). Now the question is where should we see the content of the field in “Guidelines for filing a Competing Interest statement”?

Warm regards,
Mehran

Hi @mtoreihi,

The contents of that field will be displayed per the above post.

Regards,
Alec Smecher