Citation style language plugin OJS 3.1.1.2

When we turn on Citation STyle language plugin artcile metadata cannot be seen properly. When we turn it off all metadata are visible normally.
I found this in php error_log
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomHeaderPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CategoryGridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions() should be compatible with GridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions($args, $request, $templateMgr) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UploadPluginForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/form/UploadPluginForm.inc.php on line 22
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UploadPluginForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/form/UploadPluginForm.inc.php on line 22
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PluginGridHandler::initialize() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 20
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::loadCategoryData($request, &$categoryDataElement, $filter = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 20
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SettingsPluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData() should be compatible with PluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData($request, &$categoryDataElement, $filter) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/controllers/grid/settings/plugins/SettingsPluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 18
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomHeaderPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:15 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CategoryGridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions() should be compatible with GridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions($args, $request, $templateMgr) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UploadPluginForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/form/UploadPluginForm.inc.php on line 22
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UploadPluginForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/form/UploadPluginForm.inc.php on line 22
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PluginGridHandler::initialize() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 20
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::loadCategoryData($request, &$categoryDataElement, $filter = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 20
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SettingsPluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData() should be compatible with PluginGridHandler::loadCategoryData($request, &$categoryDataElement, $filter) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/controllers/grid/settings/plugins/SettingsPluginGridHandler.inc.php on line 18
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[18-Jul-2018 13:20:16 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/w170301s/public_html/upgrade/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Please advise.

1 Like

Hi @vvucic,

Try patching Fix citation style language plugin where locales don't exist · Issue #3833 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

In my
/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage
in that file I see the following:
Screenshot_2018-07-18_17-45-03
on those lines. I do not see code as you mentioned in github

Hi @vvucic,

Specifically, the patch you would need to apply is this one: https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/pkp/citationStyleLanguage/pull/36.diff

Regards,
Alec Smecher

When I go to Settings/Website/plugins spinner is spinning forever.
I guess patch caused that.

What is next to do?

Hi @vvucic,

I suspect there’s a typo in the code. Did you apply the patch manually?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, I have done copy/paste. I found out that signs + were left. When I deleted them spinner was not spinning but the issue is the same. When I click on title of article in TOC I have got empty page instead of metadata.

Screenshot_2018-07-18_20-02-46
When I turn off plugin I see metadata of article with DOI, option tyo download PDF normally.

When I Look carefully error_log I see in several circumstances that error is in line 0. But, line 0 doe snot exists. SO, it could be some strange bug or something related to infrastructure i.e. php, mysql etc.
We have on server PHP 5.6.30.

When I turned off Recommend Article by Author plugin and turned on Citation Style Language the citation styles are visible and metadata page is displayed correctly. Maybe this is hint where to look for issue.
All the rest works well so far.