Changes in Pages is not reflected on the journal website

We installed OJS3.1.2.1 with PHP 7 on a Windows server machine using IIS 10 as a webserver and Mysql as the database.

1- The server is hosted locally and F5 is used to make it public (DNS a public IP to the local IP)

2- We noticed that when we change the journal settings. such as Editorial Board. The changes are reflected in the Database while it is not shown on the journal website.

3- The changes took around few hours to appear on the website.

4- No errors were shown in any of the logs ( PHP, MySQL and IIS)

any suggestions for this problem?

Hi @GoudaO,

The problem is likely related to the cache files. Settings are cached in cache/ with files named like fc-journalSettings-*.php. When the settings are changed, OJS should delete the relevant cache, and it should be recreated when it’s next needed. If OJS can’t delete the file, you’ll see behaviour as you describe – changes will be made to the database but not reflected on the website.

Make sure your file permissions permit OJS to administer the files in cache/.

(This should result in error/warning messages – I’m not sure why you’re not seeing them in your case.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I did

1. Erase all existing cash directory contents
  2. Check the cash directory permission and is full granted to OJS admin.

These are not solved the problem. One point to mention that after one calendar day the changes is shown on the web site…

Hi @qassim_nasir,

Even after you remove the cache directory’s contents, does the site still show the wrong values (until the next day)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, thee same page is listed which is one day earlier

Hi @qassim_nasir,

I don’t think OJS is doing this. Do you have a caching proxy installed? Is the web_cache option turned on in config.inc.php?

Regards,
Alec Smecher