Change look/format of 'Contacts' in OJS

Hello OJS experts.

We would like to add different categories of contacts to the Contacts section our OJS set up. Something akin to Canadian Journal of Communication (http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/jour … t/contact#) would be great.

But I’m not sure of the best way to do this. Presumably by adjusting the contact.tpl? But how, exactly?

Or might it be easier to add a static page and disable the default ‘people’ section?

Running OJS 2.4.3.0

Pointers and help much appreciated…

Thanks.

Hi @SKP,

To minimize modifications to the existing templates, I would suggest that you create a static page with your customized contact info and then change the link on the main About page to point to your new static page.

Assuming your new static page has been created with the path “contact”, you would need to edit templates/about/index.tpl as follows to redirect to your new page:

--- templates/about/index.orig.tpl    2015-08-04 17:55:53.000000000 -0400
+++ templates/about/index.tpl    2015-08-04 17:56:41.000000000 -0400
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@
 <h3>{translate key="about.people"}</h3>
 <ul>
     {if not (empty($journalSettings.mailingAddress) && empty($journalSettings.contactName) && empty($journalSettings.contactAffiliation) && empty($journalSettings.contactMailingAddress) && empty($journalSettings.contactPhone) && empty($journalSettings.contactFax) && empty($journalSettings.contactEmail) && empty($journalSettings.supportName) && empty($journalSettings.supportPhone) && empty($journalSettings.supportEmail))}
-        <li><a href="{url op="contact"}">{translate key="about.contact"}</a></li>
+        <li><a href="{url page="pages" op="view" path="contact"}">{translate key="about.contact"}</a></li>
     {/if}
     <li><a href="{url op="editorialTeam"}">{translate key="about.editorialTeam"}</a></li>
     {if $peopleGroups}

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

Many thanks mfelczak - I shall try your suggestion!