Change format of references - OAI - OJS 3

Good morning,

I have a problem with the format of the references of the articles. All references of the last volume of Studia Heideggeriana journal ( Vol. 8 (2019): Estudios sobre Los conceptos fundamentales de la metafísica. Mundo, finitud, soledad (1929/30) de Martin Heidegger | Studia Heideggeriana ) cannot be read in the output of the OAI-PMH.
The only difference respect the other volumes is that in the case of the last issue I clicked the “extract and save references” button. Here the screenshot:
image1
The result is that reading the code of the webpage of the article Mirar a la metafísica a la cara | Studia Heideggeriana
all the references are separated by the “li” code. Take a look:
image2
If I don’t click the “extract and save references” the separator is “br”, like in this other article of an old issue Las cosas circundantes desde el ser-corporal del Dasein | Studia Heideggeriana
Here the code:
image3

Well, the GREAT problem is that, even if aesthetically the list is much better (using the “li” code), some databases are unable to recover the bibliography data because of this. As you can see from the following report of a ranking quality agency, they’ve told me that, reading my OAI, no references are related to the articles where I’ve “extracted and saved” the references:
image4

How can I fix this?
Thank you for your help and sorry for my english.

Hi @StephenMAD,

What specific version of OJS are you using? Do you have an example of a submission that does include reference information in the OAI feed?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher:

I’m using the version 3.1.2.4
All the articles of issue 1 to 7 do include reference information in the OAI feed when I analyze it using the tool provided by Dialnet (https://dialnet.unirioja.es/info/ayuda/calidad-editorial)

The only articles that don’t are the ones in which I have clicked the button “extract and save references”.

I’d like to change the way the “extract” button parses the citations. I want it to use the br or a simple p tag and not the li tag.
@asmecher has told me that the code that manages this could be found here:
ojs/article_details.tpl at 3dcc9500262131bcca5d5748907850b9beb4a0c7 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Unfortunately I’m not a coder expert. Could somebody help me?

Thank you

Hi StephenMAD

I will help you investigate this issue.