"Change decision" in Copyediting not work

Hello all,

I have a problem with the editorial workflow.
When I use the option “Change decision” in copyediting, the button “send to Production” is displayed but the status keeps showing “Sent to production”.

Captura de tela de 2021-12-09 17-11-52

Captura de tela de 2021-12-09 17-12-12

Effectively no changes are made because when I return to the article the status is “send to production” and the option “Change decision” is displayed.

Any idea ?

Best Regards,

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rensousa,

Can you please indicate which version of OJS you’re using (e.g. 3.3.0-8)? Please indicate this information in your posts.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

Sorry, I forgot this information. The OJS version is 3.3.0-7.

Another important information is that this problem is only with this article and not with the entire editorial flow.

Best Regards,

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rensousa,

Thank you for this. Once you’ve clicked “Send to Production” - are you able to access the production stage for the submission?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

Yes, the only option that is displayed at this stage is “Schedule for publication”.

Captura de tela de 2021-12-13 13-50-04

Best Regards,

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rcgillis,

Sorry again, I was informed that the problem was with just one article, but I was testing it using a test publication and found that the same happens with my new publication.
Is this normal behavior?

Best Regards,

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rensousa,

I believe that this is the default behavior - what were you hoping to be able to do differently? there may be something else that you might be able to do

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

I expected OJS to reverse the decision to submit the article to the next editorial step (Production).
Am I having an incorrect understanding of the platform?

Best Regards,

Renato

Hi @rensousa,

Thanks for the additional info. I wonder if it might be your role settings - it might be that the copyeditor role is not configured to have access to the production stage for submissions (this is configurable in the role settings). Are you able to check if you are able to access the production stage as journal manager?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

I changed the copyeditor rules as shown in the image below and retested the article, but I didn’t see any change in the reversal of the decision.

Captura de tela de 2021-12-16 11-26-06

Best Regards,

Renato

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.