Categories not populating on the assigned category page

Hi, I am trying to assign categories to published articles so they show on a page. I am aiming for people to find all conference proceedings on one page - rather than having to go to the archives tab.

The journal site is here

I have set up the categories I require (see screenshot)

I have then gone to the articles that are in that category, unpublished them, assigned the category and then republished them.

The articles do not populate on the categories page.

I have tried to upload a new article and assign the category from the beginning of the process and this does not work, I have also created another category to see if it was a problem with the original category and this also does not work. I have tried using a ‘browse block’ as well as a custom page menu item and neither of these populate the articles tagged in a category on the page. The URL for the category page works, and the page information is there but it won’t send the tagged articles there.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

We are using Open Journal Systems 3.3.0.11 With bootstrap 3 base theme - Lumen

Hi @tigander,

Thanks for your post. This is curious. I tested this and was not able to reproduce it. But I will check with our team members to see if they can provide any suggestions.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks @rcgillis, do you think it might be something to do with the ‘Lumen’ theme in Bootstrap 3 base theme?

Hi @tigander,

I can’t say for certain at this point, but you could try quickly changing themes to see if that makes a difference?

-Roger

Hi @tigander,

Looks like an error is happening at the category page, and it could be related to the theme. Does it work if you switch to the default theme as @rcgillis suggested?

If not, then try to access the page again and grab the latest error messages from your server’s log file.

Best,
Jonas

Hi @jonasraoni and @rcgillis I have changed the theme several times, including the standard bootstrap theme and there are still no articles populating in the ‘categories’ pages. I’m not sure where to find the error log file. The server is hosted by PKP? Thanks again, Tim

Ahhh - sorry, I re-read the message and I only selected the bootstrap themes, and not the ‘default’ theme. I have now changed and the category function is working. Is there a way to make it work in the Lumen theme, or does this not work in any bootstrap theme? Thanks @rcgillis @jonasraoni

Hi @tigander,

There’s a bug in the theme, therefore you’ll have to report the issue to the creator and wait for a fix.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

Great thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.