Categories in OJS

When we marked article in some categories (Journal Settings/Categories) the same is presented with authors name, without the name of title and is not link able.
How to assign article in category and in the category’s URL where will be see the list of article which can be linked?
Bellow is the example of two articles which are categorized but on the list was presented authors name and page and cannot be linked. Also, there are no info in which Volume or issue are.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry. I used latest version. Fresh installed, not upgraded.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Sorry, but can you be more specific? We use the forum as a knowledge base and the latest version now will not be the same as the latest version later :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

no need for sorry. You are totally right. I have Open Journal Systems 3.2.1.1, PHP 7.2. As I wrote above, i check article in category, but on preview had list of authors and pages numbers. No title, no volume or issue, no links. From the names of authors cannot conclude which article is and in which volume is.

Regards,
Lazar

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I think you might be encountering this problem: OJS 3.2: Browse Block entries missing title and link - #8 by asmecher

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

yes. After I made changes as presented at pkp/pkp-lib#4991 Back-port fix for catalog article listing to stable-… · pkp/ojs@2ba880b · GitHub everything work perfect. Now I have the title with the link. The same can be implemented in next version of OJS.
Thank you again.

Regards,
Lazar

1 Like

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Great – the change is already included in the stable-3_2_1 branch for release in OJS 3.2.1-2.

Regards,
Alec Smecher