Captcha is not showing any character image

Dear sir,

Presently I am using OJS 2.4.8.1 is having registration issue. A new user is unable to register because captcha is not showing any character image unable to complete validation kindly give me a suitable solution.

http://publication.iucaa.in/index.php/khagol/user/register

Thanks and Regards

Nageswaran

Dear sir,

Presently I am using OJS 2.4.8.1 is having registration issue. A new user is unable to register because captcha is not showing any character image unable to complete validation kindly give me a suitable solution.

http://publication.iucaa.in/index.php/khagol/user/register

Thanks and Regards

Nageswaran

Hello Mr. Nageswaran

As I can see that captcha is actually generating a random sequential number on every page refresh (You can see it with right click over the image and open the image into new tab, there at the address bar the number always changes after every refresh), which means your captcha code is generating every time but is not visible in this png image, So what should we do now?
In my view you should try to change the font color of the captcha text.
for this you can go to (considering I am working on windows platform) C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-2.4.8\lib\pkp\classes\captcha\CaptchaManager.inc.php
this page and try to change the captcha text color from this page.

You can also try to change png to jpeg in this code on the same page

function getMimeType() {
return ‘image/png’;
}

I hope this method will help you to solve your problem or at least it will help you to open another door towards problem solving.

Dear Abraham.John,

Captcha manager.inc.php i change value of color and jpeg also. it is not visible any image. what to do? please advise. I am unable to any user registration in this site. is it anyway to remove captcha features in user registration. please let me know.

thanks and regards
Nageswaran

In config.inc.php see this option:

; Font location for font to use in Captcha images
font_location = /usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSerif.ttf

Is the path correct, are these fonts installed on your server?

Alternatively, you can check the option to use Google reCaptcha

Dear sir,
I checked font location in my server . It is matched with config file. How to check Google recaptcha please let me know

Thanks and regards
Nageswaran

It’s a little more complicated than I imagined, please see this posts:

and

ReCAPTCHA v2 is available as of OJS 2.4.8-4 or later.

1 Like

The update to 2.4.8-4 will provide many fixes and small improvements, it is worth it!