Can't send mails thorugh OJS 3.1.2.1

I have issue in sending notification emails from OJS. Journal website is: www.ephjournal.com

My emails were working fine a week ago, but then I registered my Journal on PKP Index website and PKP Index website fetched some data using OAI URL.

From then I am not able to send any kind of notification emails from OJS. I am using the Office365 and SMTP settings are given as below:
smtp_server = ephjournal-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
smtp_port = 25
smtp_auth = ssl
smtp_username = username
smtp_password = “password”

The same settings were used on another journal website and working fine. And office365 is working fine.

I have tried using the mail function, then it works fine. I tried upgrade from OJS 3.1.2 to OJS 3.1.2.1 but no luck in sending mails through Outlook smtp.

I contacted the Microsoft but there was no issue in office365.
I have moved ephjournal.com to another domain like demojournal.com and then office of demojournal.com is working fine there.

I am really getting no luck and facing no error messages.

Hope you could understand my concern and resolve my issue.

Error code is given below:

[01-Jul-2019 09:06:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getFullName() on null in /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/QueryNotificationManager.inc.php:58
Stack trace:
#0 /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/PKPNotificationManager.inc.php(416): QueryNotificationManager->getNotificationMessage(Object(Request), Object(Notification))
#1 /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/PKPNotificationManager.inc.php(165): PKPNotificationManager->getByDelegate(‘16777249’, ‘1048586’, ‘221’, ‘getNotification…’, Array)
#2 /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/classes/notification/NotificationManager.inc.php(80): PKPNotificationManager->getNotificationMessage(Object(Request), Object(Notification))
#3 /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/notifications/NotificationsGridCellProvider.inc.php(45): NotificationManager->getNotificationMessage(Object(Request), Object(Notification))
#4 /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/GridCel in /home/zgz1shl6ysu9/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/QueryNotificationManager.inc.php on line 58

We are having the same issue, does anyone have a solution for this?
thanks.

Did you upgrade your ojs? Was this happening before the upgrade?
Was the upgrade successful at one go?
Regards,

@NateWr
I think it is a upgrade-related problem. (probably a failed attempt)
Please guide @Berkala_Arkeologi accordingly.
Regards,

@asmecher
@NateWr
Hi there!
We are facing a strange issue which I have been unsuccessful to resolve regarding emails.
I have noticed that automatic emails like Submission, Discussion etc are working fine but when we try to add a reviewer, or send a reminder to review, smtp connect failed error is logged in the log file and we get an error on the front.
I tried to use both ssl with 465 and tls with 587 but issue is still there…
Please help.
Regards,
Farhan

Hi @Farhan_Abbas,
We are sorry for our late reply.

Beside mass notifications, our email is working fine. The problem occurred when we try to send emails to more or less our 500 user account. We are still not knowing what is wrong, but our guess is that it might be related to our shared hosting environment. Overall our OJS installation is working fine now, and we don’t mind to stop using the email notifications for eg: new issue publication, call for papers, etc.

Our upgrade back then wasn’t a one go. We tried more than two times, but always with backup MySQL database each time. We didn’t retry the upgrade using the failed database. We never use the email notifications in OJS 2, so we cannot recall whether this mass email notifications was functional or not back then.

Hope this help. Thanks.