Can't currently handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Describe the issue or problem
I am unable to see installation withard, when I access via URL, displays like this.

Steps I took leading up to the issue
For example:
the error is: This page isn’t working right now
jsid.edu.et can’t currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

What application are you using?
For example, OJS 3.3.0-15
php 7.4
Additional information error log is also attached below

Hi @Dawit_Uta,

It looks like your PHP configuration is missing JSON support. You may need to add the JSON module to your PHP environment.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I already installed it. here are the modules installed after running php -m command:
bcmath, bz2, Core, ctype,date, dom, filter, gd, hash, iconv, intl, json,libxml,mbstring
mysqli, openssl, pcntl,pcre,PDO,pdo_mysql,Reflection,session,shmop,sockets
SPL,standard, sysvmsg,sysvsem,sysvshm,xml,xmlreader,xmlwriter,zip,zlib
[Zend Modules].

I think there is another issue.

here is the log file
[Wed Oct 25 09:51:16.439223 2023] [php7:error] [pid 30684] [client 197.156.124.56:64653] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty: Plugin ‘json_encode’ not callable
← \n thrown in /var/www/html/jsid.edu.et/jsid/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_method_registerplugin.php on line 50
101 [Wed Oct 25 09:53:29.521663 2023] [php7:error] [pid 30533] [client 197.156.124.56:63160] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty: Plugin ‘json_encode’ not callable
← \n thrown in /var/www/html/jsid.edu.et/jsid/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_method_registerplugin.php on line 50

Hi @Dawit_Uta,

Your command-line PHP configuration may be different from your web-based PHP configuration, and it may also be necessary to restart your web server after changing the configuration files, depending on your server API.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you @asmecher , Yeah there was diffirence on php web and client configuration, thank you I fixed that. now distribution menu is not displaying. when i click on it ( index.php/jsid/management/settings/distribution) This page isn’t working right now
url… can’t currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500. This is the error I am strugling to fix. please help.

Hi @Dawit_Uta,

There should be a message in the PHP error log whenever you encounter a 500 error. But if you find it and need guidance, could you post that as a new topic? That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.