Cannot add reviewers to a submission in 3.0

Please check did you select review as permitted stage of workflow for reviwers in Users and Roles. See image below:
Screenshot_2018-01-25_20-52-57

Thank you so much. It has been solved.

Actually, this looks like a flaw in the logic!! People with the role of “Reviewers” do not select reviewers, they should just have permission to review! Check ticking “Review” for one of the higher level roles should be sufficient to allow the that role to select reviewers, but currently that is not true.

I agree that the logic in the roles table is not too transparent.

Ticking a box for any stage means that the selected stage is accessible for the role from that roles perspective. For example the review stage:

• Author => can access the review stage from the author dashboard (not the editorial dashboard)
  • Reviewer => can access the review workflow for reviewers
  • Assistant roles => can access the review stage, if an editor assigns them to a submission. However, I think that in any circumstance can a assistant add reviewers
  • Section editor roles => can access stage and add reviewers if assigned to the submission
  • Editors => can access any stage and any submission regardless of what checkboxes are selected (that is why I suggested this fix earlier [OJS] Current Roles listing and user rights are not transparent · Issue #2849 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub)

Dear,
I have got problem to add second reviewer. When adding first reviewer everything is OK. But, when I click to add second reviewer, I received the only Loading page. Cannot see the list of reviewers. Nothing is installed, upgraded or similar. I am using OJS 3.0.2. Any idea?

This could be a problem with your computer or browser. Try with a minimum load on your computer and browser and see if you are more successful.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher.
I received only loading window, If I click button Select reviewer, I received:

[22-Mar-2018 18:12:58 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2: DB Error: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

That’s a MySQL error message; you’ll need to increase MAX_JOIN_SIZE in your MySQL configuration. You can find more information on the message in this forum or on StackOverflow.com.

OJS 3.1.1 will include some improvements that should make this unnecessary; it’ll be released within a week or so.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher,
From some reason everything start to work fine. I didn`t do nothing but now can add second reviewer without error.
Thank you anyway for the advice.
Lazar

I have the same problem in the freshly installed OJS 3.1.2.4. The installation was smooth and without errors.
But Adding a reviewer does not open the window with the list of the reviewers, please check the screenshot below. In Users and Roles the Review is selected as a permitted stage of the workflow. I have noticed also that the window displaying the list of reviewers is trying to open. It opens in a very short blink of time and then disappears. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 05.58.37

Kind regards,

Zoran

Are you listed under “Participants” as a user who is authorized to edit the submission? What happens if you access the submission as a different, authorized user?

Check that your user role now has the right boxes checked. Perhaps they have changed.

Two different users encounter the same problem. The editor who is a participant and me as a Adminstrator who is not a participant.

Best,

Zoran

Can you also confirm that 1) those users’ profiles still have the applicable roles checked, and 2) that the /user/roles still has ticks in the correct places? If those are correct, then someone with higher order knowledge than me will need to help you.

Yes, I confirm both.