Call to a member function getId() on null in WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php:85

Hi
I was wondering why my web feed plugin suddenly stopped working sitewide.
After that, while it’s enabled, the main menu (in the header) won’t work correctly and the contents of the footer and all plugins in it will be gone.

All that happened suddenly and I didn’t change anything. In journals themselves, the plugin works fine.

Here is the error log:

[01-May-2021 20:30:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php:85
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1297): WebFeedBlockPlugin->getContents(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), Object(Request))
#1 /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): PKPTemplateManager->displaySidebar('Templates::Comm...', Array)
#2 /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1518): HookRegistry::call('Templates::Comm...', Array)
#3 /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/cache/t_compile/65bfc3e024c2e9104f46e23b73376a9455e3df0e^4dffb64063bb972c37e05619a2ccd9d0ea7473ac_0.app.frontendcomponentsfooter..php(30): PKPTemplateManager->smartyCallHook(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#4 /home2/serverte/public_html in /home2/serverte/public_html/ojs_test/ojs_medicine_temp/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 85

Would you please help me?
Thank you for your supports and suggestions.

Hi @makh,

Can you please indicate the OJS version that you are using?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi,
i’m currently using version 3.3.0.3

I have the same problem, I’ve researched and I can not help. I’m using version 3_3_0-10, someone help us!

@makh you got solution for this issue? I am having the same challenge you faced. I know it was long time ago. I would like to know how you fixed.

yes. is this problem blocking google crawl? i face this to

I have the same problem, I use OJS version 3.3.0-16, help

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /var/www/html/erevista/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php:85
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/erevista/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1319): WebFeedBlockPlugin->getContents()
#1 /var/www/html/erevista/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): PKPTemplateManager->displaySidebar()
#2 /var/www/html/erevista/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1540): HookRegistry::call()
#3 /var/www/html/erevista/cache/t_compile/65bfc3e024c2e9104f46e23b73376a9455e3df0e^4dffb64063bb972c37e05619a2ccd9d0ea7473ac_0.app.frontendcomponentsfooter.tpl.php(29): PKPTemplateManager->smartyCallHook()
#4 /var/www/html/erevista/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_656f516c238477_45291596()
#5 /var/www/html/erevista/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode()
#6 /var/www/h in /var/www/html/erevista/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 85

Así lo solucione

“DELETE FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_settings.plugin_name = 'webfeedplugin' AND plugin_settings.context_id = 0 AND plugin_settings.setting_name = 'enabled'”?