Broken Template

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

I did the upgrade process from OJS 3.1.2 to OJS 3.2.1. The process successfully ended (I just had this WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 0, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.).

But the journals’ template looks broken. Some of them use the default template, others use the “child theme” with little customization.

When I enable the debug mode, I have those messages on the screen
Notice : Deprecated call without request object. in /var/www/html/ojs-3.2.1-1/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 971

On some journals, files/sections doesn’t appear anymore, I have this log:
Warning : Creating default object from empty value in /var/www/html/ojs-3.2.1-1/cache/t_compile/7c61a42fe3f467b552e8229bb581c8e7098150e0^52019e87b90081f2c6bfa717994d81ab7712dd1f_0.app.frontendcomponentssearchF.php on line 30

And in the apache error log, I have this:
PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/html/ojs-3.2.1-1/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/wikimedia/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php on line 1927

Do you have any advice on how to solve those errors ?

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.2.1, php 7.4

Thanks for your help !

Hi @njamar

Have you tested different themes on your installation? I would suggest you to install e enable other themes and double check whether the journal works.
Also, you have mentioned that you are using a custom theme. Please, review the code of your custom theme do ensure it is compatible with the newer OJS version you are using.

Best,
Israel