Broken links in 3.2 version

Hi there,

I’m having a problem with broken links that might be the same reported here: Article links broken after update to 3.3.0-4 · Issue #6872 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

But the OJS version I have at the moment is 3.2.1.1.
I tried to update the url_path to NULL in a issue but it didn’t work. The pdf view link is ok, the article link is the one returning HTTP ERROR 500.

Anyway, I’d like to know if the problem might be solved just with a upgrade or maybe there is another workaround…

Hi @melise,

From what I can tell, that issue wasn’t really tested with 3.2, but you could possibly look at patching your instance with the changes noted in that issue. The tricky part is that it is several of them - and as I noted, this doesn’t appear to have been tested against 3.2. . If this is indeed what is causing your issue, the most straightforward way would be to upgrade to a version later than 3.3.0-5, as that is what version the change is implemented in.

Your issue though could be something else - do you see anything in your PHP error log that might point to what is causing the 500 error?

-Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Actually, there is a PHP Fatal error, indeed.

"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Seboettg\\CiteProc\\Exception\\CiteProcException: Illegal argument. Name has no family name. in /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Util/NameHelper.php:122\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(532): Seboettg\\CiteProc\\Util\\NameHelper::normalizeName()\n#1 /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(210): Seboettg\\CiteProc\\Rendering\\Name\\Name->nameOrder()\n#2 /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(191): Seboettg\\CiteProc\\Rendering\\Name\\Name->getNamesString()\n#3 /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(439): Seboettg\\CiteProc\\Rendering\\Name\\Name->formatName()\n#4 /home/periodico in /home/periodicos3/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Util/NameHelper.php on line 122" , "siteid" :

and a lot of these warnings:
Creating default object from empty value in /home/periodicos3/public_html/cache/t_compile/e26d2de610226743d9feff244fb14ef53700227f^52019e87b90081f2c6bfa717994d81ab7712dd1f_0.app.frontendcomponentssearchF.php on line 30" , "siteid"

@rcgillis I google it and found out about a citation plugin. Disable it and the link is working now. But, in case we need it again, do you have any suggestions?

Hi @melise,

Good to hear!

You might want to look at upgrading the plugin (in your plugin gallery) and see if that makes a difference too?

-Roger

@rcgillis I can’t install it by the gallery, PHP exec is disable. But is good to know that upgrading the plugin might work. I’ll try download it in the server!
Thank you so much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.